Monday, January 30, 2012

...technically Baby makes 5!

How could I forgot my babies--my puppies Tia and Scoob, or as I refer to them: Scooby Doo and Tia Too! Most people know Vlad and I are completely infatuated with our dogs. They travel where we travel (unless we are flying and even then we make the special trip to Miami to drop them off with their playmates, Abby and Apollo), they have a bed in every room of the house, they sleep in our bed (under the covers when it is cold), and they receive all of our attention. They have the ability to make a good day even better, a bad day into a good day, and occasionally a bad day even worse (Scoob has that potential). No matter what time it is, they are always eager to greet us at the door and make sure that we know they love us and are happy to see us. I like to think that is the reason . I am sure they are just curious to know if they are going to get a treat out of me. Not just any treat...no, no, no, because Tia will not eat dog treats of any kind. She has to have bologna, turkey, etc. If I try to give her a dog treat (and I have tried them all) she sniffs at it and walks away. Scoob will eat anything. Then we all settle into our evening routine and ultimately end up on the couch with one or both dogs attached to my hip.

Scooby Doo
On those rare occasions when they can make a bad day worse, we come home to garbage strewn all over the kitchen area. Scoob does not like being left alone--he battles a bit of anxiety when Vlad is out of range. The effect is less when I am not around, but if Vlad is gone Scoob is a maniac. In a house full of people he will sniff every one of them to search out Vlad. Well, during those times of high anxiety, Scoob decides to cause a little mayhem by going through the garbage to show his displeasure. This does not make for a happy Jen or a very happy Vlad. The clean up is usually gross and the internal turmoil of Scoob is usually disgusting as well. However, when we are both home serenity ensues and all is right in Scoob's world. He is a creature of habit and I have come to realize that Vlad and I are too.

Tia Too
A Long Dog Day
I am very interested to see how they will react once Baby is here. There will be jealousy I am sure. They are not used to having to share our attention with anyone and when they are forced to they make their displeasure known. We have been asked many times what we were going to do with our pups once the baby is born. I must say that I am completely baffled by this question each time it is asked. At first I was not sure I understood what was being asked of me. Lo and behold, I did understand, and then I was shocked that there was the assumption that I would contemplate adopting my dogs out. Not to be dramatic, but why not cut off my arm while I am at it?? That would be just as easy. I love my dogs and unless they are a threat to the baby, they are staying with us. Anyone that knows these dogs knows that they are more of a threat to themselves with their idiocy. However, to each their own. Whatever makes each family happy. However, technically, Baby will make 5 in our family and that sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment