Monday, March 12, 2012

Baby Items

It's truly amazing the amount of "stuff" that can accumulate as you are expecting a baby, especially your first baby. What do I need? How much of what I think I need DO I actually need? What if I don't have it? The answer of course is to just go out and get it all. That is not really an answer, but more of the unintended answer. There are differing opinions on the must-haves for a newborn: Parenting.com, Amazon, and of course Babies'R'Us. Who better to tell you what you need than commercial retailers??? So what did I do, you ask? I listened to the advice of experienced mom's and the result of that was that I had many, MANY opinions to choose from.

Given my own experience with babies and the advice I was given, here are just some of the things I decided that I had to have. In a few months I will report back and see if they were actually necessary:

Travel System
Pack N Play --By the way, I do need this for daycare :)
Crib
Glider
Swing
Bouncy Seat
Rock N Play Sleeper
Music Thingy for the Crib
Boppy Pillow
Nursing Cover

There are the odds and ends like pacifiers, burp cloths, clothes, diapers, wipes, etc. However, one thing I learned from my Mom is that there are some things that secondhand is great for. The pacifiers are new of course, but I also utilized the local baby consignment store to purchase burp cloths and clothes. I can't argue when I walk out with a bag that is stuffed with clothes and I paid less than $20 for it.  I have also taken hand me downs--in fact I am quite thrilled and grateful for them.

I went on what I hope was my last trip to pick up "the essentials" for the baby at Target yesterday. It took me over 2 hours to get through the store. It is done and so is the nursery. My wonderful husband put together the swing yesterday and I put together the bouncy seat (I am very proud of my effort). Now to wait for the little guy to make his appearance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment