Tuesday, April 3, 2012

37 Week Appointment

Today was my growth ultrasound and weekly appointment. I was so excited for the ultrasound, thinking I would get to see my little man. Boy, was I shocked to learn that you really can't see much any longer. I was able to clearly distinguish his head, which is in the right position. That's right, he is head down and getting into position.

Other than that I was unable to make out anything. The sonographer was able to point out the things she was measuring such as his femur, his tummy, etc. She also searched around until she found his boy parts to ensure that YES, we ARE still having a little boy. :) Could I tell they were boy parts? Heck no, but I am counting on her to know what she is talking about.

We were also told that baby boy is approximately 6lb 13oz and is likely to gain another pound before he makes his grand entrance into the world. That would be about right considering I was 7lb 6oz and and Vlad was about 7 lb 7oz if my math was right (stupid metric system!). I am glad that he is on track. I was really worried they would tell me I am having a 10 pound baby. I don't think I could have recovered from the shock of trying to deliver THAT. :)

I guess this little guy really does have his gaurdian angels looking out for him. Thank you Mica and Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment