I went to the doctor for my 32 week appointment yesterday and it is the same routine: give a urine sample (which is never a problem), take my weight (not my favorite activity), and my blood pressure. This is usually done by the nurse before I ever get into a room. They will give me information about various things--the latest about a test they will do in the next 2 weeks. Nothing huge, just a precautionary thing. Then they will give me handouts relating to something for me to keep in mind. This weeks it is all about the admissions procedure (when to come to the hospital, what to bring to the hospital, etc). After all of that I then get to go into an exam room where I wait. And wait. And wait some more.
When the doctor does come in, she asks me if I have any questions, doesn't typically ask me anything. Sometimes she will repeat the questions that the nurse asked me but that's about it. Then I lay down and she will listen to the baby's heartbeat. I have to admit that this is the coolest part for me because I can actually hear him! Well, his heartbeat anyway. I feel him all day long but I only get the experience of hearing his heartbeat when I go to the doctor and it makes all the waiting I have to do worth it. After she listens to the heartbeat, she measures my belly and I am right on track with where I should be. This is great news.
All in all, even though I am annoyed with the waiting that I have to do while at the appointment, I am grateful that all is well with Baby Boy and myself. Only 8 more weeks and I can hold him. I can't wait. For that privilege I will try to keep my complaining about the doctor visits to a minimum.
On a very exciting note, Amanda found this great gator and bought it to accessorize the nursery!! So cute! Love gators!

No comments:
Post a Comment