Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby Shower

Kat, Me, Amanda, & Gina
On Saturday my good friends Gina, Kat and Amanda hosted a baby shower for me in my home. I wanted to have the shower at my house for two reasons: 1. I didn't have to go anywhere and 2. Many people had yet to see the new house and it was a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. That being said, the girls showed up ready to party at 9a.m. to set up everything. They are great friends who put up with what I wanted (and with what I didn't). This included the rule about games: no one was allowed to touch me. So none of those games where they have to measure me or such nonsense. Since I was not he center of the game playing, I was able to laugh at those that were!

My M-I-L Monica and S-I-L Georgi!









Gina and I
By far the biggest surprise of the entire day was that my sister flew from California to surprise me for the shower. When the doorbell rang a half hour before the shower was to start I was wondering who it could be. I wish I had a picture of the look on my face when I saw her--it must have been such a dumbfounded expression. I was completely surprised and shocked to see her. Not to mention that I had just put my makeup on and now I was crying! Apparently my hosts knew about this surprise and was able to hold it together and not tell me. Sneaky, sneaky girls. It was nice to have someone from my family attend though I understand it is a far distance to travel for a baby shower. She came in for a whopping 22 hours. I am grateful that she did that and made this day that much better.

Another aspect I wanted to make sure to acknowledge was the fact that both Vlad and I lost someone we love very much this year. Two weeks ago he lost his grandmother and we know that she was very excited to see her great grandson. The last time we spoke with her we discussed our potential name choices for the baby and she was able to rub my stomach. I wanted to make sure that we recognized these women in our lives and even though they are no longer with us we know that they are watching over this baby. Baby is very fortunate to have two guardian angels watching over him.

There was lots of fun to be had...Jill and Inbal volunteered (unbeknownst to them) for a baby food eating contest that consisted of eating bananas.






My sister and sister-in-law took to the bottle for their battle. Gina won by sucking the life out of that bottle! Georgi gave it her best effort! I give them credit for being able to drink that juice!





There was amazing food to be had: my grandmother's recipe for meatballs, the Spinach Dip of one Brian Wanta, multiple salads courtesy of Asaf Mizrahi, pasta salad, cupcakes, cannolis, etc. There was sooooooo much good food.

The food was even in cute little shapes!
The cupcakes were in the shape of adorable little monkeys and alligators! So creative are my friends!


I am very fortunate to have had them there to do all the work that they did. There are more pictures that were taken, but these just happen to be the ones that I took on my camera. As soon as I have the rest I will post them to the blog.

Thank you to everyone that came and showered this baby with love. I love you all and appreciate every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment